Bring your best, Barren!
Work Ethics Program
Where Opportunity Creates Success...
Barren County Schools: BeCome Life-Ready
By providing strong academic foundations, students can find opportunities in over 40 career pathways to become successful in the new economy.
In 2016, Vision Teams for all career pathways were created to best guide our programs to meet the needs of the current and future work trends.
One aspect of workplace skills kept surfacing in conversation, no the area of concentration. That area of concern is Workplace Ethics.
Barren County Schools worked to create a Profile of a Trojan, which is an outline for what industry is looking for in future employees and the expectations BC Schools hope to instill in all students and staff.
Our students will BeCome Life-Ready because we have work with partners to:
- Create Vision Teams for all career pathways
- Identify with KDE and Workforce Development 5 Priority Sectors for KY (Healthcare, Transportation & Logistics, Construction, Business & IT, Advance Manufacturing)
- Target Barren County high-demand industries in Tourism & Agriculture
- Ask over 70 industry, community, and educational leaders what was important and gained district input regarding beliefs
- Established a high school Work Ethics Program in 2016
- Expanded the Certification to allow for transition from Preschool to High School, while building on skills with a Capstone Recognition for students in 6th, 8th, and 12th grades.
Click on the Links below to get started on your Capstone Project for 12th, 8th, and 6th graders
High School Program
Seniors will complete interviews in April
Awards announced at BC InZone at 5pm on May
Scholarship and cash prizes will be awarded to 3 senior students.
Middle School Program
Awards Presentation will be determined by each elementary school (Typically at 6th grade promotion ceremonies)