Call for Scores
Call for Scores Fall 2017
CALL FOR CHORAL SCORES FALL 2017
Deadline: October 22, 2017
The Astoria Choir invites submissions for its fourth annual call for works to be programmed on its Readings & Carols concert on December 9. The concert pairs holiday and seasonal inspired works and readings, both sacred and secular. This year’s central work will be Daniel Pinkham’s Christmas Cantata.
- Composers must live or be matriculated at a college in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut
- The work should be for mixed choir and can be a cappella or use any combination of the following instruments: 2 trumpets, 1 horn, 1 trombone, 1 tuba, piano, organ, and 1 percussionist (auxiliary percussion and timpani)
- Electro-acoustic works will not be considered
- Previously selected works are ineligible; however, those composers may submit different works
- Works should not exceed eight (8) minutes
- Single movements from larger works, not to exceed eight (8) minutes, are acceptable
- Up to three works may be chosen for the performance
- Each selected composer will be invited to attend a rehearsal and meet with the choir
- A choral score and any instrumental parts are due by November 8, 2017
- Composer(s) are required to attend the concert. No additional funding is available for travel costs
- Please submit using our website: astoriachoir.org/call-for-scores
- An anonymous copy of the full score as a PDF, free from any identifying markings including name, commissioning party, or dedication
- Information Sheet with the following details, as a separate PDF:
- Composer’s name, phone number, mailing address, and email address
- Title and duration of work
- Statement that the text is in public domain or written permission for use of text
- Order number from PayPal submission fee processing
- An anonymous recording of the work as an .mp3 file or link to streaming audio in Google Drive.
- MIDI realizations are acceptable
- Submission Fee: $10, payable through PayPal
- You may follow the links below to pay the fee and submit your score.
- You needn't set up a PayPal account if you don't have one. Simply click on the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" button instead of sighing in.
- $250 for each selected composer and a performance of the work
- Digital recording of the performance
- Selected composer(s) will be notified via e-mail by October 31, 2017 and announced on our social media platforms and website