Welcome to Fourth Grade!!
What's Happening in Fourth Grade?
A lot of exciting things happen in Fourth Grade!!
Check the calendar below to learn about upcoming events.
The 4th grade spelling bee will be the week of January 22nd.
Fourth Grade Class Store
Letter to Parents and Business Plan
We are competing in our first annual Geography Bee this year! Here are the details if you are a 4th-8th grader.
- 4th and 5th graders will have the option to participate this year in the preliminary Bee; all 6th-8th graders will be required to be a part of the preliminary Bee--to be completed by December 14th.
- If you have a 4th or 5th grader interested in taking the test, please contact Mr. Rhoda (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the enrollment information and procedures, no later than Tuesday, November 27th.
- From the preliminary test, 10 students will be selected to participate in the ARPS Geography Bee (January 16). The ARPS Geography Bee Champion will then have the opportunity to participate in the State Bee in March, should they advance.
Whether your child chooses to participate or not, head to https://www.nationalgeographic.org/bee/study/ to find out more about the Bee and ways to prepare for the contest.
May the best "geographer" win!
Our Spelling Bee is also on the horizon and all students, Kinder-8th, will be able to participate!
- Students K-2 will take part in a classroom spelling bee (week of January 22). More information will come directly from classroom teachers.
- Students 3-8 will also take place in a classroom bee (week of January 22), with the top two spelling champs to move forth to the school bee (to take place on Friday, February 8th). Information about the bee can be found at https://spellingbee.com/study-tips and study guides will be emailed to classes soon.
Calling all 4th Grade Families
Every year, across the nation, 4th grade families are encouraged to visit our national parks and experience the nature and beauty of our history in true form. Make sure and visit:
and download your free pass!
This is a GREAT opportunity to enjoy the Nature Trail each and every day of your 4th grade Owl's year!
What's Happening at ARPS?
Fourth Grade Schedule
8:00 - 8:15 Arrival and Morning Work
8:25 - 9:05 am Enrichment / Planning
9:05 - 9:20 am Morning Meeting In Focus
9:25 -10:50 am CKLA
10:55 - 11:20 am Lunch
11:20 -11:40 am Recess
11:40 -11:55 am Read Aloud
12- 12:50pm Science / Social Studies
12:50 - 1:10 pm 2nd Recess
1:10 - 1:45 pm Flex
1:45 - 3pm Math
3-3:15 pm Wrap Up Dismissal
Come SOAR with ARPS
We are excited to SOAR into a new school year. Learn more about the guiding philosophy based on the principles of the positive behavior support model in the handbook.