6th Grade Science Scholars
- I have been teaching at Honea Path middle school since 2001. I have taught 7th grade science, 8th grade science, 6-8 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), and 7th grade math.
- I have a Bachelors of Science in Public and Environmental Health from the University of Wisconson-Eau Claire; my teaching certificate is from Erskine College.
- I was honored to be nominated by my fellow teachers for HPMS teacher of the year this year (2018-2019) and was luck enough to be selected as Anderson District 2 - Teacher of the Year. I was also nominated for Honea Path Middle School Teacher of the Year in 2014-15 and 2007- 08.
- I am a member of the following professional associations:
· NSTA – National Science Teacher Association, 2002 to present
· SCEA – South Carolina Education Association, 2006 to present
- Prior to becoming a teacher, I worked for:
- Flexible Technology in Abbeville, SC
- The University of Florida – TREEO Center as an Adult Continuing Education Instructor - Water & Wastewater
- Alachua County Health Department, Gainesville, FL as Health Department Inspector
- I attend Trinity United Methodist Church in Honea Path, SC where I love to help in the nursery and teach Children's Church.
MORE about my interests:
- I love learning, especially about Science and I love to share my joy for learning with my students.
- I really value the world we live in and I help promote RECYCLING at HPMS with help from students in Environmental Club and Beta Club.
- If I could change one thing about the world (besides WORLD PEACE, of course) I would like to see all of us be less wasteful of the Earth's valuable resources.
- I love to:
- spend time with my family; I have twin sons, who are 25 and live in Arizona. My husband teaches at Erskine College.
- go bird watching, hiking, mountain biking or kayaking in nature.
- read a good book: The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings series, Harry Potter series, Twlight series (I have read each book 8 times), anything by Nicholas Sparks, (When I was in 6th grade I loved The Little House on the Praire series.)
- watch a good movie: Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, , and movies of all the books mentioned above.
- play board games - Catan is my new favorite!!
There is a picture of my family below : )