November 12th, 2019
happy national chicken Noodle soup day!
Monday November 11th, 2019
Tuesday November 12th, 2019
- Conference Choral At Wahoo
- K-3 Basketball League Old gym 6:00pm- 9:00pm
- 6:30pm- 8:30pm FFA Local Leadership Night Blue Gym
- 7:00pm Winter Sports Parent/Athlete Meeting Main Gym
Wednesday November 13th, 2019
- 7:30am- 3:30pm State Farm Driving Presentation Old gym
Thursday November 14th, 2019
- FBLA- NFLC in Denver
- 5:30pm Basketball: Boys Jr. High Game Raymond Central vs. Arlington Middle School @ Arlington High School
Friday November 15th, 2019
- FBLA- NFLC in Denver
Saturday november 16th, 2019
- Book Club will meet in the library Wednesday, Nov. 13 at 7:40am--donuts provided! Come see what we are reading this month.
- Want to see watch a fun night of Co-Ed volleyball? Come to the Vollerama on Monday night. First games will begin in the competition gym at 4:30 and will continue throughout the night in the both gyms. Admission to cheer for your favorite team is $2 and will be donated to charity!
- Sit & Stitch: Arlington Public Library invites you to join us for Third Thursday Sit & Stitch! All types of needle crafts are welcome, and a crochet instructor will be available. This is open to all age groups and all experience levels. Please call Erin with questions: 402-214-4836. 2019 meetings: November 21 and December 19 at the Arlington Public Library from 4:30-5:30
- FFA's meat, cheese, & fruit fundraiser will end next Wednesday, November 13th. All order forms and money must be turned in to Mrs. Hensley by the end of the day.
- All 7th and 8th grade students are cordially invited to the Middle School Dance on Saturday, November 23rd from 7:00-9:00pm in the blue gym! The theme is "Nightmare on Eagle Street" and admission is $5.00, which can be paid at the door. Refreshments will be available for purchase also. Come and enjoy a "spooky" good time! Please dress nicely (*No jeans*). Costumes are optional (*no masks, please). The dance is proudly sponsored by your Middle School Student Council. Contact members if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!!
- Are you interested in escape rooms? Do you have an inquiring mind? Look for Clue #1 in the hallway (take a picture with your phone) and see if you can solve the riddle to get more information about "The Great Eagle Escape". Should you accept this challenge (students and teachers)... clue difficulty will vary... don't get frustrated... all clue information is available at school or on Google.
- If you are a 9th-12th grade students interested in being a part of art club, please sign up outside of the art room!
- Time is running out to pay your FBLA dues AND receive your donut at the upcoming meeting! Dues are $15!
- Check out the bulletin board outside Room 242 for the many FBLA activities to sign up to participate in!
- Mr. Sanders will be in the school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays this year ONLY! If you need him for something, those are the days you can find him! You can always send him an email as well!
Scheduled College Visits November 11 - 15
Southeast Community College, Beatrice
11/11/19 10:40 AM
Marine Corps League Scholarship
Fremont Area Marine Corps League Detachment 1275 will be awarding 2, $1000 scholarships to eligible recipients. Seniors who plan to attend a four-year or two-year college or vocational school are eligible. Criteria for selection include academic achievement as documented by GPA, ACT/SAT scores, and evidence of advanced coursework; high school and community activity participation; community service activities; character and exemplary personal qualities as documented by a letter of recommendation, and completion of a brief essay on public service. Applications are available on Naviance Student.
Sydney Loofe Memorial Scholarship
Sydney Loofe was raised in Neligh, Nebraska. She moved to Lincoln, Nebraska after high school. She was reported missing on November 16, the day after she went on a date with someone from Tinder. Her body was found 19 days later in a rural area in Clay County. This scholarship is presented by The Set Me Free Project in honor of Sydney Loofe and her family.
Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA and demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning in the areas of sociology/criminal justice, social work or cyber safety. Download fillable application from Naviance Student.
Susan Thompson Buffett
Get a head start now. Here are the documents you will need to apply:
1.Your Parents’ 2015 Tax Records—You MUST have your parents’ 2019 tax records to be able to complete your FAFSA.
2.Completed FAFSA—The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You will need to complete and submit your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You, and at least one parent, will need a FSA ID and you can get that now at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
3.School Transcript—When you submit your application online, you will need an Official Copy of your most up-to-date high school transcript. Talk with a counselor or teacher now to find out how you can get this when the time comes.
4.Two Letters of Recommendation.
5.Personal Essay—You will need at least a one-page explanation of why you want to attend college, including why you need a scholarship. Information about the scholarship and a link to the application can be found at http://buffettscholarships.org/college-scholarships There is a link on the family connection as well.
Daughters of the American (DAR) Revolution Good Citizen Award
Seniors who have demonstrated the qualities of a good citizen, Personal statement form and an essay written in the presence of a faculty or DAR member with in a 2 hour time limit. See Mr. Everitt for details. State winner receives $250 and a national winner will receive $5000
GPC – College Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to graduating high school seniors that are Greeat Plains Communications customers who plan to attend Nebraska state or private college or a one or two year technical or trade school in Nebraska. Application is available on the family connection scholarship list.
GPC – FRS Scholarship
Offers scholarship opportunities to rural high school seniors who express an interest in returning to a rural area to pursue their careers after graduating from College. Application can be downloaded from family connection.
UNL ACACIA Leadership
The Laurence R. Letson Acacia Leadership Scholarships is a single-year scholarship awarded to 3 (1-$1,000 and 2-$500) incoming male freshmen at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln who display excellence in academics, motivation for personal success, and an interest in developing and applying leadership skills. Apply online, link on Naviance Student
Wayne State Art
Pursuing a degree in Art or Design at Wayne State College. Scholarship application and portfolio submitted to Wayne State College by November 15, 2016.
Nebraska Poultry Education Scholarship
Nebraska residents, those attending school in Nebraska, or those interested in a career in poultry based in Nebraska are encouraged to apply for the 2020-2021 Nebraska Poultry Education Scholarship. A total of four $1,000 scholarships may be awarded for the 2020-2021 academic year.