Ms. Shelton's Classes
View the National Core Arts Standards at : https://www.nationalartsstandards.org/
Jefferson Music Department Goals for Learning
Music Students Will Learn:
- How to hear music and how to DISCERN.
- Hear, sing and play the melodic and rhythmic patterns that make up music.
- Make a beautiful SOUND.
- How to READ music.
- Play in TUNE.
- How to PRACTICE.
- How to LISTEN and how to APPRECIATE music of various styles and cultures.
- How to PLAY WITH OTHERS.
- How to use their IMAGINATION and how to develop CREATIVITY.
10. How to MAKE THEIR OWN MUSIC.
Education and the ARTS!
- The arts, like SCIENCE, are about discovery and invention.
- The arts, like SOCIAL STUDIES, are about worlds and cultures beyond our personal experience.
- The arts, like MATH, are about systematic divisions of time and space.
- The arts, like LANGUAGE ARTS, are about creativity, communication, and interpretation.
- The arts, like SPORTS, are about pushing to the limit for a singular achievement and working cooperatively to achieve a single goal.
- The arts are also about PLAY, and play, too is essential to learning.
Education and the ARTS! taken from Arts Partners, Young Audiences of St. Louis Missouri