Summer in Cadiz, Spain
Live with a host family as you practice your Spanish in small-group language classes and explore the region. Travel between June 14 and August 9 and stay 2 to 4 weeks.
Welcome to Spain! Spend your summer immersed in the beauty of the Spanish language and culture while living with a host family through our Spanish Homestay Study Program. Develop your Spanish skills while discovering the unique Andalusian culture in Cadiz with your new international friends and family!
Homestay with Spanish classes and cultural activities
Independent travel. You will be met at the airport upon arrival.
Price (airfare not included)
2 weeks: $2,850*
3 weeks: $3,750*
4 weeks: $4,650*
Choose your summer dates between June 14th and August 9th and stay for 2 to 6 weeks!
Deadline to Apply
April 15, 2020
*We reserve the right to adjust program prices if there is a major change in the currency exchange rate. In this event, applicants may cancel and receive a full refund.
- Fun, interactive language classes that will change your idea of "summer school" forever. You will learn in small groups with teens from around the world. The language classes will help you build your communication skills, understand the local culture, and become comfortable in real-life language situations. The classes usually take place every weekday morning for three to four hours. On some days, you might venture out of the classroom to try out your language skills at a local market or in interviews with native speakers.
- Exciting cultural activities and excursions that invite you to dive into the local culture. Depending on the location, the cultural activities may include cooking or dancing lessons, visits to nearby small villages or famous sights, nature hikes, or sports on the beach. In some places, you will also have the opportunity to get involved with a community service project.
- Homestays that offer you a window into the local culture as well as additional chances to practice your language skills.
- Local support by the local school staff and homestay coordinator who are available throughout your stay to help you make the most of your summer abroad.
- Orientation materials that include practical information about your host country and help you prepare for your adventure abroad.
- ANDEO staff support for you and your parents throughout the application process, in your preparations, and during your stay abroad.
- Comprehensive medical travel insurance.
- Age: 14-17
Language: 1 year
Teacher Recommendation: Yes
You should be interested in other cultures and ready to participate in all classes, cultural activities, excursions, and your host family's everyday life. Being flexible about new experiences, foods, and ways of communicating is important, as well as having the maturity to travel independently and adapt to new situations.
You will be met at the airport by your host family and the local coordinator. You will have the unique opportunity to attend Spanish classes with many other students from around the world who are also learning Spanish. You will go on cultural activities and excursions and be immersed in the daily life of your host family. Throughout your stay, you will have the support of the local coordinator.
Why Travel with ANDEO?
We love homestays! We have specialized in homestay travel since 1981. We truly believe that the best way to experience another culture and improve your language skills is by sharing everyday life with a welcoming host family.
We have first-hand experience traveling and living with host families. Our staff members have all lived with host families abroad and understand the joys and challenges of homestays. We are ready to support you in your cross-cultural adventure.
ANDEO staff members have personally visited each of our partner schools and organizations, and we work directly with these partners to coordinate each program.
You will never be a number. Our programs are small and our service is personal. Even though we have worked with thousands of students, we are proud of the personalized service and strong support we give our participants (and their parents, too!).