Course Description: Reading resource is a program that supports students needing intervention in reading and/or writing. Your child will work with me during their Reading and Language Arts class time. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Grades: Homework/Daily work: in-class assignments, warm-ups, quizzes, participation, exit slips (50%) Major Assessments: tests, major projects (50%)
Late Work: An assignment is considered late if it is not turned in at the time, it is due. Some students may have up to 1 additional day to complete as noted in that student’s ARD paperwork.
Make-up work: Attendance is the key to success in this class. If an absence is necessary, it is the student’s responsibility to ask for missed assignments.
Rules & Expectations for Reading Resource
· Follow directions the 1st time asked.
· Come in class quietly, sit at your desk, get out your book and notebook
· One person talking at a time.
· Cell phones are to remain off. Not seen, not heard, not taken
· All drinks should be in a spill-proof cup
· Chew mints, not gum - gum gets put under the desk and on the bottom of your shoe
· No Opt Out- answer all questions-when you don’t know the answer: ask for more information or ask a friend for help
· Follow social contract- (Treat others the way you want to be treated)
If you break classroom expectations:
Step 1- Reminder of expectation Step 2- Individual Conference Step 3- Call Home Step 4- Classroom Write-up
2 packs of notebook paper
2 boxes of pencils
2 pink erasers
1-2 pocket plastic folder
1 box of Kleenex tissue
1 bottle of hand sanitizer
1 individual pencil sharpener
1 box of colored pencils
2 composition books