- Create a copy of the template
- Create some easy tasks in the first tab of the spreadsheet that students can level up quickly on
- Create some medium and hard tasks
- Review the badges on the badges tab. Tip to copy and paste the first few columns to the right to give yourself a badge library.
- Create a Google Drawing
- Use the File menu and choose "Page Setup"
- Change to 500 by 500 pixels
- Draw a circle by holding down the shift key
- Change the fill color with the paint can
- Change the border width to really thick
- Name this file TEMPLATE
- Use the File menu to make a copy
- Use the Insert menu to insert an image.
- Choose Search for image options and type in an object
- Change from "All types" to "Clip Art"
- Use the File menu to "Publish to the web"
- Publish and copy the publish link
- On the spreadsheet, on the badges tab, paste the URL to replace the preset badge URL's
- Go back to the template and make more badges. Repeat steps 12-18
- HIDE the badge, directions, and levels tabs
- Distribute the spreadsheet to students. Tip: Replace /edit with /copy to prompt a copy or just use Google Classroom to give each student their own copy.
Have 2 copies of the template and use =importrange() to have a master list of quests that update to the student version.