AJFWA Strategic Plan
The original Strategic Plan, adopted in 2005, was reviewed and revised in January 2016.
Along with a revised Mission and Values statement, the following goals were identified.
- Generate sustainable/on-going funding equal to or greater than provincial funding, within 3 years
- Build succession plans covering all key positions (board, region, club) to enable on-going, successful operations
- AJFWA Board and Regions – 12 months
- Clubs – 24-36 months
- Develop roles and responsibilities for council members at all levels, and hold those in positions accountable
- Develop a platform for effective communications across all JFW levels
- Create/implement a major event planning template
- Assess, support, and assist in sustainable growth (club, region, province, and national)
- Develop and revise educational materials for our youth programs
Improve public awareness of the Junior Forest Warden program across Canada
Develop leaders and training resources
For more information on the Strategic Plan, please contact your regional Directors