Become a certified Google Educator (Level 1 or Level 2).
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit is offering 3-day Google Educator Certification Coaching Sessions with in-depth training on Google topics including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Documents, Sheets, Forms, Slides, Drawings, Classroom, Sites, Chrome, Blogger, Maps, YouTube, and more.
The content of these 3-day trainings is designed to prepare participants for the official Google exams to earn a Google Educator Level 1 or Level 2 certificate. Please note that participants are responsible for passing the Google exams. We cannot guarantee a passing score. We will walk you through the application process.
The Google Certification Coaching Sessions are 3 days long. Each day runs 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM with an hour break for lunch.
Below are the upcoming sessions we are offering for the Fall 2017 calendar:
- October 17, 18 and 19, 2017 - Montour transformED West
- November 14, 15 and 16, 2017 - AIU transformED
- Coming January - May, 2018
Each 3-day Coaching Session will cover the topics included in Google's Educator Certification as detailed below:
- The cost for each 3-day session is $125 for AIU member districts, or $150 for non-member districts.
- Checks and purchase orders need to be made out to the Allegheny Intermediate Unit.
- This cost includes the fee for the Google certification exam. Time to take the exam is built into Day 3.
- This cost does not include lunch. There will be a one hour lunch break each day and there is a large variety of restaurants within minutes of both training locations, or you are welcome to bring a lunch
- Registration fees will not be refunded for cancellations made after the registration deadline.
- Cancellations must be made in writing.
- Full registrations costs will be charged to those who register but do not attend the event.
- Registration is not final until after payment is received.
- If paying by check, they should be made payable to “Allegheny Intermediate Unit."
- Mail payment to: Allegheny Intermediate Unit - Attention Jessica Shanahan; 475 E Waterfront Drive; Homestead, PA 15120
Fifteen (15) Act 48 Hours will be awarded after confirmation of daily attendance. No partial hours will be awarded. Act 48 Hours will not be awarded until all fees are paid in full. We are not able to offer college credits.
If you have any questions, please contact transformED at email@example.com.
All Google Coaching Sessions will be led by Jana Baxter, Instructional Media Services Coordinator for the Allegheny Intermediate Unit and/or Kevin Conner, Curriculum and Instructional Technology Coordinator for the Allegheny Intermediate Unit.
Both Jana and Kevin are Level 1 and Level 2 Google Certified Educators. Jana recently obtained her Google Trainer Certification!