The Data Science Group was founded by Dr. Bubacarr Bah, the German Research Chair of Mathematics with specialisation in Data Science at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) in South Africa.
The research group consists of postdoctoral fellows, PhD students, MSc students, and interns working on an array of problems in the field of Data Science.
- Mathematical theory of Data Science
- Scientific Computing for Data Science
- Applications of Data Science
- Compressed Sensing and Sparse Approximation
- Random Matrix Theory
- Communications and Information Theory