Who are we?
We are a network of instructional coaches. We believe students should be engaged in the Science and Engineering Practices and Crosscutting Concepts in deeply learning scientific phenomena and solving engineering problems. As a network, we will learn from and share with each other so we can effectively support science teaching and learning.
For coaches who are supporting science teachers, this network will:
- Provide support specific to science standards and best practices
- Share resources used to coach teachers
- Share resources to provide PD to teachers
- Provide a space for coaches to pose questions of other coaches
- Provide new learning for all members
To provide a website that will house resources and a series of webinars. The next webinar will be October, 2019.
Join our mailing list ("Join the Community" tab) to receive information about upcoming webinars.
Iowa Science Coaches Network-
Amy Johannsen - High School Science Instructional coach at Southeast Polk HS
Eric Hillman - Junior High Science Instructional coach at Southeast Polk JH