Ms. Nikki and Ms. Brenda's K Classroom
A whole month has flown by in Kindergarten and we have had a month of firsts! First time with our buddies in 4th grade, first field trip, first time using our classroom iPads, and so much more! Our first field trip was to the Blue Ridge Parkway where we took a hike, learned about animals, learned about the National Parks symbol, and practiced the rules of the park.
- October 10th-Early Release/Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 11th-No school!/Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 19th-Skytop Field Trip
- October 23rd-Early Release Day
- October 31st-Pack Library Field Trip
Here is our class partner reading during Reading Workshop!
We have been busy so far this year! We are in full swing with all of our learning times throughout the day. In Fundations, you will find us learning lots about letter names, sounds, and letter formations. In math, we are working with manipulative tools to learn how to sort, count, and compare objects. We also started our writing and reading workshop times. We are learning lots and having fun!
- September 15-Early Dismissal at noon
- September 28-Open House: Come to school that evening (time to be determined) to see our classroom and what we are doing so far!
Hello and welcome to Kindergarten! Ms. Brenda and I are so happy to have your sweet students in our classroom. We have 16 wonderful members of our classroom community this year. Ms. Brenda and I are spending our 2nd year in Kindergarten together and are ready to learn alongside the students! We have been busy preparing our classroom for lots of learning and fun. Feel free to email Ms. Nikki (email@example.com), call the classroom (828-350-6811), or write a note with any questions or concerns you may have. Let's have a great year together!