Asheville High School
AP Environmental Science
Greetings APES students,
Below you’ll find a list of the three assignments you are responsible for completing this summer. They each have different deadlines. You will be sharing all assignments to Sarah.Duffer@acsgmail.net.
Next year be prepared to:
- read between 10-15 textbook pages per class period (and completing the corresponding chapter vocabulary and study guide assignments)
- read outside books, essays, news stories, etc.
- complete projects (including a year-long research project, at least one presentation per nine week term, current events projects, et cetera),
- complete lab reports
Similar to life, you get out of classes what you put into them. I look forward to a fast paced, energized, challenging, and dynamic year with you!
Get ready, let’s go APES!
“Success in school is the result of effort, not ability or luck.” – Robert Wilson, AHS APES teacher 1998-2002
Part 1: Summer Reading & Presentation
- The Post Carbon Reader - click here for a list of chapters.
- Choose 5 chapters from the list above and read them, complete this assignment for each chapter. Upload your entries on this form.
- Choose one of the following chapters (2, 7, 8, 12, 16), read, take notes, and complete a 3-5 minutes presentation using Prezi, Google Slides, or some other shareable presentation platform. You'll be presenting this information to your classmates the second day of class!
- Read this chapter from E.O. Wilson's "The Future of Life".
- Take notes, identify and define new terms, summarize, and include some fun facts.
- Upload your assignment here!