Toulouse hash house harriers
The Hash House Harriers are a world wide misorganisation with Hash's in just about every major city. Go to the search page to find a hash near you. The Toulouse Hash House Harriers were founded in October 2002. We are a family oriented hash and welcome runners and walkers of all ages and abilitys. Runs will normally last around 1 to 1 1/2 hours with a shorter route for walkers. The Hash normally takes place within a 60 minute radius of Toulouse.
Virgin Hashers are always welcome - joining could not be easier just turn up at a run and bring 5 Euros.
We will run on the second Sunday of each month, please verify with the calendar precise time and location because the date can change!. Bring 5 Euros cash per person children free! to cover refreshments, which will include beer, soft drinks, water, munchies and of course beer.
Run departs at 15:00 sharp, please arrive at 14:30
This month's hash will be this Sunday, September 23rd, in Montbrun-Lauragais, in the coteaux to the south of Toulouse. Hare will be Swinging Down Under.
You should expect: a historic windmill, fine weather, views onto the Pyrénées, sunflower fields, and did I mention the great weather for our hash festivities.
Meeting point is the "Moulin à vent" in Montbrun-Lauragais, which is signposted. Leaving at 15:00; please allow time to say hello and contribute 5€ towards the nibbles & beverages.
GPS: 43.457451, 1.522724
If lost or blinded by the sunlight, call +33 663 82 75 26.
Please check back for details.
HASH TRASH # 212
Sweet Pea & IP’s ,Cambounet sur le Sor - Saturday 25th August 2018
Many thanks to Sweet Pea & IP, who Hared a ‘tricky trail ‘and hosted an extended Hash at their Home in Cambounet sur le Sor. This destination has become something of a THHH fixture, and this year was no exception with laughter and joviality all round.
19 hashers made the journey and some accepted their host’s thoughtful invitation to stay the night to avoid drinking and driving. A smart move because it was continued well into the dark hours; time flies when you are having fun - ET got 7 of us back home circa 23:00! Thank you for driving ET.
The trail was cleverly laid with circles at strategic points that were not easy to guess. In addition some crucial marks had been erased by animals (we suspect) so that occasionally we needed the kind assistance of Sweet Pea and IP to put us on the right track. So despite these challenges, all the runners found the beer stop. The walk went a different route which didn’t include the beer stop – c’est la vie- but did include a river crossing- mon dieu, formidable!
We were all comfortably seated for the après – trail beer and moved to the host’s front yard to perform the circle, where we;
- Rewarded Sweet Pea & IP for their tricky, fun trail
- Named Sharon Love, hereafter to be respectfully addressed as Snitch Bitch; this by a unanimous vote for her natural snitching talent (Beware at future hashes the snitch is about)
- Welcomed Coffee Bean back as a returner and to demonstrate the art of the Down-Down (And yes I was beaten by a girl)
- Some songs were performed
- Welcomed Barbara and John again, two caving friends of Grotty Totty, who can sing and are natural hashers at heart.
- Punished Locust with a shot of water for wearing a Father Christmas hat in the circle. IP and Sweet Pea happened to have Xmas Hats too so the afternoon chant was “One Father Christmas drinks ALL Father Christmases drink”.
- Rewarded four THHH founders; Lapdancer, Coffee Bean, ET and Wandering Two Lips for their long service.
- Rewarded Hashers for forgetting items from the July Hash/BBQ which were kindly returned by Wandering Two Lips to their respective owners.
- Nic Beese then took an aerial photo of the circle using a drone
- Its Complicated our Religious Advisor (RA) got a Down - Down for the weather;
By this time it was getting a bit confusing - at least in my mind! so
- Sweet Pea & IP then wrapped it up with their great rendition of Swing Low Sweet Chariot including silent & double quick verses
We dined on Pizza, generously provide by our hosts, and tasty snacks and desserts provided by the other Hashers.
Thanks again to Sweet Pea and IP who, as always, manage to make the August Hash one to remember.
HASH TRASH # 211
Chez Wandering & Whistling Two Lips’, L’Union - Sunday 22nd July
Wandering Two Lips & Microscopic were the hares for this surprising and somewhat challenging trail through the countryside around l’Union.
This was a hash shared with the Sans Clue Hash, the new home hash of Wandering Two Lips (WTL), who moved to Paris for his work.
32 hashers, including 10 from the Sans Clue hash made this our biggest hash for as long as I have been counting.
Why was this hash surprising?
Well the first signs for those hashers, who don’t know WTL already, could see it would be no ordinary hash when the trail markings were explained. There were 6 new markings including Fish-Hooks, sending the leading X people to the rear of the pack and Check Backs sending all hashers back Y marks to continue in another direction. IP, an experienced hasher commented “this embodies all the marking he had ever seen at all the hashes he has run”.
Then there was the trail – a typical WTL trail for me will always include a few scratches and scrapes- we were not disappointed- one section through a field of nettles and brambles followed by a forest track where walking was difficult and impossible to run due to the narrow track and the acacia tree thorns.
Some hashers got lost and Microscopic kindly herded them along in the right direction; perhaps motivated to get them to the Beer Stop!
Altogether it was a great trail thanks to both hares - Microscopic, who laid the trail with WTL
We started and ended at WTL & Whistling Two Lips’ garden in L’Union, where we were comfortably seated for the après – trail beer and circle in the shade of their trees.
Mabouche, the Sans Clue hash RA & I jointly conducted the circle antics which included;
- Rewarding Microscopic & WTL for their challenging and inventive trail
- Welcoming 5 Virgins; Sara, Liz, JC, Tanyette and Gregoire – we hope to see you again
- A spot of singing by Up My Ass (UMA), who came with a file of songs….and the intention to sing them all
- Random rewards for Locust and his wife Sharon and Sara Breese
- A hash love song by IP to Sweet Pea & Mabouche
- A down- down for everyone not yet in centre circle
- Naming with a heavy dusting of flour and liquids of
Euan Mackle hereafter to be addressed as Eleven strokes
Thelma hereafter to be addressed as Nice Dish
- Sweet Pea & IP then sang a fine rendition of “I was Dogging”
- UMA , Mabouche & the Sans Clue hash then sang “The sexual life of a camel”
- More Down-Downs for misdemeanours; real & imagined
- Sweet Pea & IP then wrapped it up with Swing Low Sweet Chariot including silent verses
The BBQ was fired up and we settled down for a BBQ and tasty side dishes provided by Whistling Two Lips and the Hashers who had read their invitation and came prepared.
Many thanks to WTL and Whistling Two Lips for their wonderful hospitality, to all the Sans Clue hashers, who travelled and made the hash special, and everybody who contributed to a memorable and relaxed extended afternoon hash.
Virgin’s and visitors beware – the hash is generally more basic and certainly less well provisioned.
To stay up to date with Hash News and location of next run please join our mail list.
Some future dates for your diary.
SEPTEMBER – Swinging Down Under to hare – venue TBD
OCTOBER - Hares Wanted