West Springfield School Nutrition Department

"Good Food Equals Good Mood"

The School Nutrition Department in West Springfield understands the challenges parents face daily when it comes to providing healthy meal options for children.  The cafeteria staff strives to provide not only healthy choices but as many options as possible to meet the needs of every student.   We offer a variety of alternatives, and options, to go along with our main meal. If you should have any questions or a suggestion please contact us at schoolnutrition@wsps.org.

Back to School for website.docx

Food Allergy Awareness Update:

Effective January 1, 2023, the FDA has identified "Sesame" as a major Food Allergen.  We have updated all our signage in our cafeterias to reflect this change. For more information regarding Food Allergens, you may visit https://www.fda.gov/food/food-labeling-nutrition/food-allergies.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, , or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:Mail:  U.S. Department of AgricultureOffice of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 Fax:        (202) 690-7442; orEmail:        program.intake@usda.gov.  This institution is an equal opportunity provider.