Wabeno Fab Lab Home
Welcome to the Wabeno Fab Lab!!!
The open hours for the public are 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm every Wednesday for the 2019 - 2020 school year. Open hours begin on October 9th 2019 and run until May 27th, 2020.
Open Hours are on the following dates. Some of the dates, however, are reserved for community workshops and will not be open for general use. Also, open hours may change due to the addition of workshops. Please see the schedule below for up-to-date information:
- October 9, 16, 23, 2019 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Regular Open Hours
- November 6, 2019 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Workshop: Introduction to CorelDRAW - Day 1 (Lasers and Vinyl Cutter) - $35.00 Fee (includes materials and USB flash drive)
- November 13, 2019 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Workshop: Introduction to CorelDRAW - Day 2 (Lasers and Vinyl Cutter)
- November 20, 2019 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Regular Open Hours
- December 4, 2019 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Workshop: Introduction to Aspire - Day 1 (CNC Router and CNC Plasma Table) - $35.00 Fee (includes materials and USB flash drive)
- December 11, 2019 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Workshop: Introduction to Aspire - Day 2 (CNC Router and CNC Plasma Table)
- January 8, 15, 22, 29, 2020 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Regular Open Hours
- February 5, 12, 19, 26, 2020 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Regular Open Hours
- March 11, 2020 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Regular Open Hours
- April 8, 15, 22, 2020(4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Regular Open Hours
- May 6, 13, 20, 27, 2020 (4:00 to 7:00 pm) - Regular Open Hours
- June 10, 2020 to August 6,2020 - dates and times to be determined
We don't want anyone to be turned away, but limited seating is available, and workshops are first come / first serve. Before coming, be sure to reserve your seat by calling 715-473-2592 ext. 5115 or e-mailing Brian Van Eperen at email@example.com. If you wish to reserve by e-mail, please reserve your spot by putting "Please Reserve" in the subject line. Additional workshops can be held depending on public interest.
In some cases during the school year, we have to cancel our community nights. This could be due to bad weather, staff illness, or holidays. Therefore, always be sure to call the school and check if the Fab Lab is open prior to your visit by calling 715-473-2592 ext. 5115.
Wabeno Awarded WEDC $25,000 Fab Lab Grant!
On Monday, May 13th, 2019, the School District of Wabeno Area was awarded a $25,000 grant through the WEDC for expansion of the existing Fab Lab.
The new machinery purchase will include a 65 ton Iron worker, five iPad Airs, a five-in-one heat press machine, an acrylic bender, and updated shop equipment (bandsaw, drum sander, belt/disc sander, brake, welder, drop saw).
Note that this is a 1:1 matching grant, with 50% of the funding coming from WEDC, and the other 50% coming from the school district through donations and income generated by the Fab Lab.
Pictured on the left is Jennifer Shopodock, a 2019 Graduate from Wabeno High School being interviewed by Rhinelander NBC affiliate, WJFW Channel 12. The entire piece can be found by clicking the link below:
Visit From Lt. Governor Kleefisch
(Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch pictured with students from one of the HTMAA classes.)
On Wednesday, May 16th, 2018, the Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin, Rebecca Kleefisch, visited Wabeno High School to see the Fab Lab.
Among many things, she was extremely impressed with how many students are involved with the Fab Lab and what we have been able to do in such a short period of time. Having gone to nearly every Fab Lab in the state of Wisconsin, she commented that ours was the only one where she saw so much student engagement and student projects being produced, especially given the fact that we have only had equipment up and running since January.
She was also extremely impressed that we were able to build this lab with a $300,000 referendum, when nearly every other school in the state needs at least twice that amount.
Thanks to all of the staff members that helped make this possible, and a big thanks to our students for making her visit such a great success. And thank you to the community for allowing this facility to happen!