Welcome to the Waterloo K-8 Guidance Webpage!
Counselors help with.....
How Can a Student See the School Counselor?
- Academic skills support and planning
- Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Education in understanding self and others, including strengths and weaknesses
- Coping strategies
- Peer relationships and effective social skills
- Communication, problem-solving,decision-making and conflict resolution
- Individual and small group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Consultation/ collaboration
Who May Refer a Student to the School Counselor?
- Fill out a counseling slip and give it to the teacher or bring it to the office
- Have a parent call the counselor's office
- Stop by the counselor's office to set up an appointment
How Can A Parent Contact the School Counselor?
- Teachers/Support Staff
- Self-referred or friend-referred
Call the office at 330-947-0033 for Middle School students or 330-947-2153 for Elementary students and ask to speak to Mrs. Shaver. You can also send a note to school with your child.