UM-CERN Summer REU Application
For full consideration all materials are due by January 4, 2017. We may consider late applications until January 31, 2017, but offers to outstanding applicants will be made in advance of this deadline.
The program is open to U.S. Citizens and permanent residents. The program is administered by the University of Michigan Department of Physics, with support from the U.S. National Science Foundation. US students studying in other countries are eligible to apply. Women and minority students are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for this REU program you:
- must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- must be enrolled in a degree program leading to a bachelor's degree. High school graduates who have not yet enrolled and students who have received their bachelor's degrees or will receive their bachelor's degree before August, 2017 are not eligible.
- must be a major in physics, engineering or computer science.
- Most students admitted to the program are between their third and fourth year of undergraduate education. Occasionally, students who are between their second and third year are admitted.
In order to complete this application you will need the following information. Please collect it before you start your applications process, as applications cannot be saved and returned to later.
- Personal contact information
- Educational history
- Work and/or research experience (Resume/CV)
- Computer experience
- Names of 2 faculty references who will be submitting letters of recommendation. Please direct them to this URL to submit their letters of recommendation. They will receive an email confirmation after we have processed their letter.
- Your top two research area preferences at CERN
- A paragraph of 500 words or less explaining why you would like to participate in research at CERN this summer
- Unofficial transcript
Questions? Please have a look at our FAQ page
and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Start Application Now