Lodge History


Springville Lodge #153 was chartered in 1851 and was named for Springville, GA which was the name of the community in which it resided.  Springville, GA name was changed to Powder Springs, GA in 1854 due to the effect of the various minerals in the water.  These minerals caused the sand in the area to turn black similar to gun powder; hence the name, (gun) Powder Springs.

Springville Lodge first held its meetings in the second floor of the First United Methodist Church but later sold it's portion back to the church and relocated.  Currently, Springville Lodge is located at 4033 Austell Powder Springs Rd and has been at that location since the building was built in 1966.