This section of Theatrenotes is divided into pages covering the four assessments which together make up the requirement of the course at Higher Level. There is also a section for the Journal which is a fundamental tool for the course. Click on the tabs at the top of the page to go to the relevant page.
I also recommend that you look at the resources on this page which are meant for IB teachers. it also gives you links to the videos of sample materials.
This is the manifesto of The Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester. Do you agree with it?
1. I want theatre to challenge me, I want it to challenge all of us
2. I want a theatre where absolutely everyone feels welcome
3. I want a theatre to be a safe place for difficult conversations
4. I want theatres that everyday people can afford to go to
5. I want theatre to demonstrate more ethnic diversity on and off stage
6. I want theatre to be a place for children
7. I want theatre to know it belongs to the public and to reflect this in everything it does
8. I want a theatre that knows everyone can make theatre
9. I want a theatre that understands theatre can happen anywhere and should happen everywhere
10. I want a theatre that gets into communities and listens
11. I want a theatre that recognises that the audience is part of the performance
12. I want theatre to connect more with ordinary people
13. I want theatre to speak for people whose voices wouldn’t be heard otherwise
14. I want theatre to be demanding and entertaining at the same time
15. I want theatre to allow me to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes
16. I want to be transported into different lives and worlds
17. I want theatre to be a place to relax