Prior to configuring your smart phone, ensure you have updated your device to iOS 3 or later, visit the myTC portal web site and go to the Search & Help Tab and acquire the Google Sync Code to be used in Account section of step #5 below.
Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Choose the Mail, Contacts, and Calendar accounts settings.
- Select Add Account in the Accounts list.
- Choose Gmail for the new account type.
- Enter the information into the corresponding fields as follows:
- Name: Your full name
- Email: UNI1234@tc.columbia.edu (Replace UNI1234 with your UNI)
- Password: Enter your Google Access Code in this field (this is NOT your UNI password. Enter your TCGmail password. This can be accessed through the myTC portal, under the Search & Help Tab, in the Google Sync Code window located in the lower right side of the screen).
- Description: Enter a meaningful description for this account
Once your settings are saved, it will take a few minutes to display your email, calendar, and contacts in the appropriate apps. You can adjust settings by returning to the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars account settings in the iOS Settings app.
The iPhone gives you the ability to syncronize multiple calendars if you care to do so. Instructions for syncing multiple calendars can be found on the following google web site. http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=139206