Students at the Centre of Learning
We believe that our students are at the centre of our work as a Catholic school. Our student-centred classrooms require students to be active learners responsible for their actions and self-directed in their thinking. In a student-centred classroom we value:
- every student understanding their strengths and trusting their ability to monitor their own needs
- higher-order thinking
- deep understanding
- student ownership of learning
- differences among learners
- co-operative group work and independent tasks
- respectful relationships.
All students Kindergarten to Year 6 are the school leaders. A process is in place for electing team leaders.
Significant school leadership roles for students:
- Students who aspire to, and accept, the role of School, Vice-Captain, Colour Captains and Student Representative Council Leaders must have a clear understanding of the role and the responsibilities associated with the position.
- The School Leadership Program exists to encourage commitment, service, leadership by example, reading out to others within our school, and in the parish and broader community, and to provide further leadership development.
- It is an expectation that leaders:
- demonstrate empathy for others and has a strong moral conscience
- enjoy school service and show initiative
- relate well to other students
- are responsible, organised and reliable.
Student Leadership Code
The Student Leadership Code outlines the responsibilities pertaining to all roles. The responsibilities are:
- to respect the school’s rules
- to be a positive role model for all students
- to show respect to all members of the school community
- to wear the school uniform appropriately and proudly
- to assist students, staff and parents through the diligent and courteous performance of duties associated with the role
- to initiate ideas and action deeds to grow and enrich the school community.
Extra-Curricular Activities for Students
- School Choir
- School Music program
- School Band
- ICT Club
- Public Speaking