Welcome to Richard Avenue Elementary School!
Every month I will send home an important newsletter. It can sometimes be lengthy but I urge you to read it each month, as I will update you on important events, new procedures and tips for helping your child at home.
As always, we encourage you to get involved in your child's education. We understand that families are very busy. Below are a few easy ways to show your child that their education is important:
- Make sure your child attends school daily and is on time.
- Come to Open House and other family nights.
- Set a specific night time schedule that includes homework, nightly reading, and a regular and reasonable bedtime.
- Talk to your child about their school day. Ask specific questions such as: What did you learn in Math today? What story did you read?
- Make sure your child eats breakfast or gets a breakfast at school each day.
- Read newsletters from your child's teacher and the school.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Commit to one PTA event to help with this year.
- Join our PTA
- Keep in communication with your child's teacher.
- Call with questions.
We look forward to our continued partnership in your child's learning!
Richard Avenue Principal