St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church - Brookfield, Illinois
Welcome to St. Paul's. We are a member of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Until further notice, as we strive to balance our obedience to the government, our love for our neighbor, and our ministry of Word and Sacrament, attendance at Divine Service is limited to those who register.
For those not attending in person, video recordings are also available at our Facebook page.
UPDATE TO MEMBERS - June 8th, 2020
To our Brothers and Sisters in Christ, our fellow members of St. Paul's--Brookfield,
Divine Services at 8 am & 10:30 am will be resuming on June 14th, with the following restrictions in place:
• Attendance will be limited, and registration is required (see link above to register).
•When you enter the building, please sit with a distance of 6 feet between each household. Seating will alternate between services to ensure touched surfaces are not shared throughout the day.
• Those who have symptoms of illness are urged to stay home and request Communion there.
• There will be no handshaking or socializing before or after the service.
• Members are encouraged to wear face masks, although this is not required where you maintain six-foot distancing.
• At most, only two households or four individuals will be at the Communion rail per table, with no kneeling.
• The purificator used to wipe the chalice between each communicant will be sanitized with grain alcohol, which is 95% ABV.
As before, if you are not comfortable attending at this time, you are free to stay home. Services will still be available for viewing on our Facebook page (times of posting may vary from week to week) or you may request they be mailed on CD. Whether you join us in person or through the recorded services, please continue to love and serve your neighbor, to hunger and thirst for the righteousness that God gives through His Word, to treasure God's name and call upon it in prayer for yourself and others in need, and to rely upon God above all else to sustain your life.