Welcome to Mrs. Tumpach’s Room
Dear Students and Families,
Welcome back!! 8th grade will be a very exciting year that is going to culminate with your graduation from WMS. I know I am looking forward to a wonderful year. By working together, we can make this a very successful year. To help, these policies and expectations will set a clear understanding of what is expected.
To access the online version of our textbook, go to www.classzone.com and enter Language Arts and Illinois. Then click the green, 8th grade textbook. Enter the code 2609172-30. You will be prompted to create a username and password. From there, you can access all of the textbook content.
WMS and Classroom Rules
- You must always be respectful of yourself, your peers and all adults.
- You must always be responsible for your work and your environment.
- You must always be there and be ready for class mentally and physically.
- You must always be safe.
- Be in your seat, ready to work when the bell rings.
- Bring all books and materials to class.
- Listen to and follow all directions
- Follow classroom procedures.
- Respect yourself, your classmates and your teacher.
Warning: After breaking one of the rules, you will receive a warning.
Call: If you continue the behavior, you or the teacher will call home to speak with your parent or guardian.
Consequence: If you still continue the behavior, an office referral form will be written, you may be asked to report to the office, and you will serve a classroom detention.
Severe Clause: In extreme cases (fighting, extreme disrespect, inappropriate language, etc.) a step may be skipped. This is to be determined by the teacher on an individual basis. If your behavior warrants an immediate office referral, consequences will be determined by the principals and your parents will be contacted.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once again, welcome to eighth grade language arts. Let’s work together to make this the best year. !
Here's to a great year!