Our elementary school's guidance program is one that is developmental, preventative, and responsive. We recognizethe vital role parents and teachers play in the child's life. Parents are primarily responsible for the guidance of children at this level. Your willingness to share this responsibility with the school is recognized and supported by all school personnel.
The major focus of the elementary school counseling program is to deliver services to assist students in developing and applying knowledge, skills and mindsets for academic, career and social/emotional development. We aim to provide a program that facilitates the positive growth and development of every child in the school system.
-Children have dignity and worth as human beings.
- Children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
- Children are capable of making responsible choices.
- Attitudes formed during elementary school shape future attitudes toward learning, self, and society.
- Children thrive best when parents and school share responsibility for growth and development.