Peter E. Hart
Consultant on technology strategy
SHAKEY, the world's first robot with artificial intelligence
- Founded or led half a dozen companies and international research centers
- Invented, or developed the theory, of some of the most widely used procedures in modern computing
- Delivered commercial software solutions having multi-million–dollar licensing fees
- Was the first westerner to serve as a corporate officer of Ricoh Company, Ltd.
Hart holds a B.E.E degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Stanford University. His technical writings have been cited over 85,000 times, which according to Google Scholar makes him the world's most-cited author in the field of Robotics
, and among the ten most-cited authors in the field of Computer Science
. He holds over 125 patents covering a wide range of artificial intelligence and software inventions. He is a Fellow of the IEEE, the Association for Computing Machinery, the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, and the Rensselaer Alumni Association, and he is a member of the SRI Hall of Fame.
- Advisor to new companies and R & D organization startups
- Expert Witness in patent disputes
- Consultant on management of innovation