Peter E. Hart
Consultant on technology strategy
SHAKEY, the world's first mobile, intelligent robot
- Founded or led half a dozen companies and international research centers
- Invented, and developed the theory, of some of the most widely used procedures in modern computing
- Delivered commercial software solutions having multi-million–dollar licensing fees
- Was the first non-Japanese person to serve as a corporate officer of Ricoh Company, Ltd.
Hart holds a B.E.E degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Stanford University. His technical writings have been cited over 80,000 times, which according to Google Scholar makes him the most-cited author in the field of Robotics
and the fifth most-cited living author in the field of Computer Science
. He holds over 125 patents and is a Fellow of the IEEE, the Association for Computing Machinery, the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, and the Rensselaer Alumni Association, and he is a member of the SRI Hall of Fame.
- Advisor to new companies and R & D organization startups
- Expert Witness in patent disputes
- Consultant on management of innovation