Persian in Use: An Elementary Textbook of Language and Culture
Persian in Use is an elementary Persian language and culture textbook designed for first-year students at college level. It offers a thematically organized and integrative approach to help students achieve proficiency in Persian language and culture.
Persian in Use is taught at more than 25 universities worldwide. Due to popular demand, it has been translated into German, under the title Persisch Aktiv.
This companion website provides students with additional learning tools such as the downloadable audio and video files and interactive exercises such as Quizlets that are automatically graded for instant feedback.
• Colorful and lively design with over 200 illustrations and images
• Introduces over 1200 words including high-frequency expressions, idioms, slang, proverbs, and street talk
• New vocabulary is summarized thematically/lexically
• Interactive dialogues from everyday life in both spoken and written forms introduce students to contemporary usage
• Engaging classroom activities and homework exercises with the integration of all four skills and the three modes of communication
• Online Quizlets help students practice the new vocabulary in a variety of modes
• Relevant and practical cultural notes
• Provides material for "Differentiated Instruction" which help meet the needs of heritage students
• Lively design and color-coded lessons help the learning process pleasant and enjoyable
• Appendices include: Glossary, Grammar review, and Verb charts (infinitive, present stem, past stem, and corresponding prepositions)
• Corresponds to two semesters/three quarters of college-level study and follows the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages