Welcome to My Classrooms! I am excited for the school year and I hope you are also. You'll find some useful links below and more information on how we will use these links under each specific class. We will be concentrating on utilizing the Standards of Mathematical Practice to increase our knowledge in mathematics.
We will be using Google Classroom to share assignments, homework, etc.
The eight Standards for Mathematical Practice are:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
1. Pencils, pencils, pencils. Students should always write in pencil in math.
2.. Pencil sharpener - it would be much easier if you invest in a cheap $.50 sharpener. My sharpener in the classroom does not always work and it's also easier for a student to sharpen their pencils at their desk.
3. Graph paper - we'll be doing more graphing than ever. It would help you to purchase a pad of graph paper. Again, this is not a requirement, just a recommendation.
4. Ear buds (optional) - at times, students will be watching educational videos to enhance their learning. Bringing your own ear buds will make this more comfortable.
These are simply guidelines. If you find that any of these items are difficult, please don't hesitate to contact me. We will figure out a solution together!