The Polacek Press
Weekly News - November 5th
· The weekly spelling list is sent home on Fridays. The current list is long vowel patterns. The test will be on Thursday, December 6th.
· Unit of Study - Persuasive/Opinion Writing
· Practicing - Using a good lead, valid reasons and conclusion, Adding transitions
· Grammar - Helping verbs
• Unit 3 Week 3
· Focus strategies and skills - Main ideas and details, text features
• . Vocabulary strategy - Using context clues
- Students are able to access McGraw Hill materials and assignments online through the My Portal website
Weekly assessment will be on Monday, December 10th.
- Turn in those Box-Tops! Every one helps raise money for classroom supplies from PTA.
- Thanks to all the parents who sent in food for World Food Day!
- Students have signed up for their first semester Genius Hour presentations. We will record them and put them on SeeSaw for you to view. Please look at the schedule at the bottom of this page to see when your child presents. Thanks!