Welcome to Speech-Language at Rocky River!
MEET SARAH MILHOLLAND
I was born and raised in Charlotte, NC and a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill. I have more than 10 years of experience working with children with speech and language disorders. I live in Mooresville with my husband and two children.
SO MUCH MORE THAN "SPEECH"
"Speech" is so much more than just working on perfecting the sounds children use. As a Speech-Language Pathologist, I work with students on...
- Language fundamentals, augmentative and alternative communication (AAC)
- Phonological awareness and articulation
- Receptive language and eading comprehension
- Social skills. I use the Social Thinking curriculum, among others.
- Stuttering and other fluency, voice and resonance disorders
... and much more.
In my room, it's never boring! We love to move and sing and play while we work on our goals. I am committed to making progress and helping your child reach their potential. I am a huge advocate of instilling a Growth Mindset in our children. My room is a safe place to try new skills. Even if we fail, we never stop trying.