Welcome to Ms. Wooldridge's Website
Welcome! Primarily, even during normal times, I use Google Classroom for posting assignments, announcement, etc. Due to school closures because of COVID-19, I am heavily relying on online platforms to communicate with students and parents. Google Classroom is still the main platform I am using to assign work and post weekly agendas. Here is a general outline of how I am structuring my week for all of my classes (will be posted on Google Classroom!):
- Monday Mornings (by 9 a.m.): Weekly Agenda with a Wooldridge Welcome Video on Google Classroom
- Monday/Tuesday: An assignment will be posted to Google Classroom to be completed during the first block period of the week. Students are given the flexibility to work at their own pace. Examples: web quest, Nearpod presentation, reading with questions, etc.
- Wednesday/Thursday: A second assignment (sometimes a continuation from the previous day) will be posted. Students continue to work at their own pace.
- Friday: Friday Check-in will continue as OPTIONAL on Zoom. Schedule may change as I adjust to the needs of my students and my own schedule.
Here is the letter I sent home to students and parents on Monday, March 23. Click here
Platforms I plan to use (subject to change):
- Google Classroom (regularly check your LEARN account email)
- Remind (see below for class codes)
- Zoom (I will NOT be doing regular/daily Zoom meetings. My internet has been finicky and I have better alternatives to delivering content and assessing student work/understanding.)
- Nearpod (this platform syncs with Google Classroom and allows me to make my presentations interactive and remote.
- EDpuzzle (this platform allows me to assign videos and hold students accountable to the information they are watching)
- Google Everything! I will be using a variety of Google tools to assign work to students through Google Classroom. (Docs, Slides, Forms, YouTube, etc.)