KIRKSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL - A+ SCHOOLS PROGRAM
Kirksville High School - A+ Schools Program
A+ Schools Coordinator
A+ Program Benefits
This program provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools. For more information visit: http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php
The A+ School program is based upon the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
- Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics.
Here are the guidelines from DHE for seniors in the class of 2018 that do not meet the EOC score standards:
2018 High School seniors - If you meet all of the eligibility requirements except the end of course exam requirement, you may establish eligibility by achieving a combined ACT math subscore and high school GPA in accordance with the following scale. You may achieve the qualifying score as a high school or postsecondary student. If you achieve the score as a postsecondary student you may be eligible for an award in the same term that you take the test.