How it works: you set it up just once. Then, every time you're disturbed by jet noise, you bring it up and just click the 'REPORT IT' button once. stop.jetnoise does everything else - it identifies which flight was overhead, and it will send in your complaints right into SFO's noise abatement office.
It is very easy to get set up ! stop.jetnoise is a website, but it works really well on phones. To use it on a phone, just use your mobile browser (Safari, or Chrome).
1. Visit http://stop.jetnoise.net in your browser.
2. Log in using your Facebook or Google account (no new password !). If you don't have either, click here to create a new Google account that works with your current email address.
Don't worry, we don't get access to your email or your vacation photos - all we get is your email address.
3. Enter your Full Name in a text box, without the full name your complaints might be rejected by SFO.
4. start typing your address, picking yours from the list:
As you type your address, Google Maps autocomplete will offer suggestions - click on the right one for your address:
When you get it right, you'll see your town, ZIP code, and lat/long appear in the greyed out boxes below:
5. You're setup ! Wait until you're disturbed by jet noise ... then just click once to report it !
6. For phones or tablets, use 'Add to Homescreen' - this puts an icon on your phone, just like your other apps, that will bring up the website. Instructions here.
7. Consider setting up an Amazon Button ! Instructions here.
- If you make a mistake, you can delete or edit your reports; they don't get sent off until the next day.
- By default you will be sent an email summary each day, at 4am, for your records.
- You can download all your reports as a CSV file at any time
More questions ? Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions page.