In order to achieve a Letter for Visual Arts Achievement at Pomona High School, students must achieve all of the following during the course of one school year and uploaded by May 1:
- Attend 3 Gallery Visits over one year, including; Art Exhibits, Artist Studios, Galleries, Museums, etc. Each visit must include a response to the show overall, with the student’s reactions to at least one particular piece, and how it might affect their own work. It can also include information on presentation, positioning, lighting, etc.
- Each student must attend two consecutive semesters of art at Pomona High School, earning a B passing grade or higher in those classes.
- Each Student interested in earning a letter must create a commission piece for a Staff Member that is displayed in the school during the year, either as an individual, or as a collaborative project. This display may include the staff members workspace or it may be on general display in the school.
- Create an online presence such as a webpage, blog, or a youtube channel, on an artistic site (Such as weebly, DeviantArt, Tumblr etc.) that includes all of their artwork done during the year.
- Each Student must at least enter 1 art piece in the Pomona Young Masters Art Show during the year they want to earn a letter.
- Students will be responsible for uploading all of the above-text, pictures, videos are all welcome, to the Pomona Visual Arts lettering blog.
sign in username: email@example.com password: lettering
Create ONE entry and continue to edit it to add all your experiences throughout the year. See sample on blog.
- Students will be responsible for purchasing their original letter or subsequent pins when informed of their achievement by visual arts staff.
Look at a bunch of art, make a bunch of art, talk a bunch about your art!