Swim Team 2017
Practice Starts Thursday, January 5th
Here is some Basic Information about our team.
Coaches: Ms. Bowen-Bailey, Ms. Teichroew, Ms. Krafthefer
Goals of this program:
• Provide a positive experience for all participants
• Introduce swimmers to requirements of being on a team, including attending practices, coming to meets, keeping up with homework, etc.
• Help swimmers to improve in the sport overall
• Help swimmers to learn about and experience friendly competition
• Build school pride
• Encourage swimmers to continue participation in athletics at the high school level
To help us meet our goals, students who want to participate must:
• Come to two practices every week, one if active on another community swim team
• Demonstrate good behavior and a positive attitude at practices and competitions
• Maintain passing grades in all classes at school
• There is a $25 fee per student to join the swim team. This includes a team cap students will be able to keep.
• Students currently receiving Free/Reduced lunch are exempt from this fee.
• Payment is due by January 12. If there is problem with making this payment, don’t hesitate to contact one of the coaches, we will try to work something out.
• Checks can be written to Ordean East Middle School (include Swim Team on the memo line.)
Wednesday 7:15-8:15 AM