Fourth Workshop on Quality of Experience Management (QoE-Management 2020)
The Fourth International Workshop on Quality of Experience Management (QoE-Management) will be held on the days 28th and 29th of June in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization 2020 (NetSoft 2020) in Gent, Belgium.
After the success of the previous QoE-Management workshops, also the fourth edition is endorsed by the QoE and Networking Initiative (http://qoe.community ).
Recent technological advances have enabled a constant proliferation of novel immersive and interactive services that pose ever-increasing demands to our communication ecosystem. While service and application management has typically been centred around a set of Quality of Service parameters (e.g., packet loss, delay, jitter), there is a clear need to understand and model the impact of management decisions on Quality of Experience (QoE) metrics as perceived by the end user. To date, a significant amount of research has been devoted to understanding, measuring, and modelling QoE for a variety of media services. The next step is to explore methods that actively exploit such knowledge to improve and manage the quality of multimedia services, while at the same time ensuring efficient and cost-effective network operations. Moreover, with many different players involved in the end-to-end service delivery chain, identifying the root causes of QoE impairments and finding effective solutions for meeting the end users' requirements and expectations in terms of service quality is a challenging and complex problem.
QoE-Management 2020 aims at providing an international forum for researchers addressing emerging concepts and challenges related to managing QoE for networked services. The workshop addresses QoE management in the context of ongoing developments, such as the move to 5G and virtualized networks; the exploitation of big data analytics and machine learning in the domains of QoE modelling and monitoring; and solutions targeting emerging complex, interactive, and immersive service scenarios. In order to encourage collaboration, the workshop is distributed in two days: seminar and workshop paper presentations.
· 28/06/2020: Seminar. Researchers with expertise in different areas of QoE research will sit together to brainstorm on different topics.
· 29/06/2020: Workshop papers presentation. Original full and short paper presentations and a motivating keynote will thoroughly explore this challenging topic.
Topics of Interest
- SDN, NFV and QoE
- QoE-aware network and application management
- Characterization and modeling of QoE
- QoE monitoring and measurement
- QoE oriented coding
- Quality management applied to different business sectors and use cases
- Experimental approaches for QoE management
In addition, we encourage the submission of novel, provocative ideas or late breaking results that have the potential to generate lively debate and new perspectives as short papers or Seminar topics.
For the papers submission
- Paper submission deadline: February 14, 2020
- Acceptance notification: March 23, 2020
- Camera ready papers: April 6, 2020
For the Seminar topics:
- Topic submission deadline: May 15, 2020
- Acceptance notification: June 1, 2020
· Paper Submission guidelines:
Paper submissions must present original, research or experiences. Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere can be submitted. Each submission must be written in English, accompanied by a 75 to 200 word abstract and a list of up to 5 key words. There is a length limitation of 8 A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) pages for full papers and 5 pages for short papers (including title, abstract, figures, tables, and references). They must be in 2-column IEEE conference style with a minimum font size of 10 pt. Papers exceeding these limits, multiple submissions, and self-plagiarized papers will be rejected without further review.
· Seminar Topics Submission guidelines:
Seminar topic submissions are maximum one page describing the idea, possible areas of interest and targets. Late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from ongoing research are encouraged.
Authors should submit their papers and seminar topics electronically via the EDAS online submission system (https://qoemanagement2020.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=27011).
· Christian Timmerer, Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt AIT, Austria (email@example.com )
· Martin Varela, Callstats.io, Finland (firstname.lastname@example.org )
· Maria Torres Vega, Ghent University-imec, Belgium (email@example.com)
More information can be found at the NetSoft 2020 website (https://netsoft2020.ieee-netsoft.org/ )