I work on Control of Networked Systems and Microgrid. Control is an essential, yet invisible, tool to achieve many important objectives for the system. Microgrid is one of the promising ways to integrate and distribute locally produced electricity. However, there are several challenges need to be addressed to make Microgrid as one of the acceptable solutions. At present I am working on DC Microgrid.
Networked System has been studied to achieve some of the objectives collectively. Application domain includes robotics, power system, social network to mention but a few. In this work we explore different complex networks and try to understand relative importance of different nodes.
- Control Theory
- Control of Micro-Grids
- Event Triggered Control Systems
- Embedded System
- Development of Programmable PV emulator, Funding Agency: DST (Completed)
- Co-Principle Investigator of Establishment of the Centre of Excellence in Solar Thermal Research and Education; I am developing smart DC grid as a part of this project. Funding Agency: MNRE (completed)
- Co-Principle Investigator of Energy Efficient Building. Funding Agency: DST (Completed)
- Co-Principle Investigator of Hub & Spoke Consortia for e2Wand e3W Electric Drives – Design, Development and Prototyping of Advanced IM and Synchronous Reluctance Drives and Vehicle Integration for e2Wand e3w Applications (On Going)
- Suresh Singh: Mitigation of Negative Impedance Instabilities in DC/DC Converters and DC-Microgrids using Nonlinear Control(Completed 2016).
- Ram Niwash Mahia: Input-Output Dynamic Properties of Complex Networks (completed 2018).
- Aditya Raw Gautam: Nonlinear Control for Mitigation of Second-order Harmonic Ripple Problem in Single-Phase Inverters (Completed 2019).
- Nupur Rathore: DC Microgrid (In Progress).
- Shivam Chaturvedi: DC Microgrid (In Progress).
- Poonam Sahoo: Event-Triggered Control (In Progress).
- Mohit Kachhawa: Control issues in Power Converters (In Progress).
- Raju Jaitwar (09410243) Sliding Mode Control of an Active Suspension System at IIT Guwahati April 2011
- Priyanka Bhartiya Development of Sensor less buck converter for high current applications, July 2013
- Nupur Rathore Development of programmable PV Emulator, July 2013 (Jointly supervised)
- Supratim Shit, Consensus algorithms for multi-agent system. July 2013 (Jointly supervised)
- Shruti Srivastava: Development of Feedback Controlled System Architecture for Scheduling Hard and Soft Real Time Tasks on a Multiprocessor Platform, July 2015.
- Mahveer Singh: Characterization of Sets of Driver Nodes of Complex Networks with ActuatorsSaturation, July 2015. (Works in DRDO)
- Mohit Kachhawa: Modeling of Z and Quasi-Z source DC-DC converters for Variable Frequency Operation July 2017 (Joined IIT/J for Ph.D.)
- Lobzang Namgail: Event triggered Composite Nonlinear Feedback Control July 2017 (Joined IISc for Ph.D.)