What we do
Commercial – New buildings, upgrades, maintenance
Residential – New homes, additions and alterations, maintenance
This involves all stages of the building process from the initial plan design and pricing, obtaining council consent, construction and ground works, to final code of compliance completion providing producer statements, guarantees and warranties. Communicating with clients, architects, sub-contractors, councils and product suppliers along the way, is all par for the course.
We are members of Registered Master Builders using Licensed Building Practitioners and are members of Site Safe and comply with Building Industry Standards and Procedures
We aim to provide a safe workplace, complying with Occupational Health & Safety Standards and our Quality Assurance procedures and comprehensive Building Insurance covers should give our clients peace of mind.
How we do it
With our experienced and qualified staff we will take you through the entire building process step by step.
We will follow approved building industry procedures which allow full and clear communication with our clients at all stages so that there are no surprises.
We offer a 10 year Premium Master Builders Guarantee for all new home builds, as we believe in our workmanship and use of quality materials.
You will be provided with a fixed price contract before construction begins along with a completion date. If you decide to make a variation to the contract the variation price and possible change in completion date will be advised to you prior to the variation commencing.
All council documentation and product guarantees and warranties will be collected during the course of construction and handed over on completion.
Our friendly trained carpenters, supervisors, and organisational staff are there to provide you with a smoothly run, quality job on time.
HBL BUILDERS NAIL IT, ON TIME, EVERY TIME!
HBL Builders Ltd, is the longest established building company in the Eastern Bay of Plenty by a large margin, opening its doors in 1961. We are proudly locally owned and based.
In that time we have built and altered many new homes, schools, shops, offices, banks, farm buildings, service stations and cool stores. In fact there is not much we have not built over the years. We have worked on projects of all sizes, from small home renovations to large hospital and commercial building upgrades. Due to this extensive work portfolio, we have built up the best pool of experience and knowledge in the area.
Recently we built ourselves new premises on our yard at 212 Valley Road, Whakatane, which along with new offices for our staff it also provides a spacious showroom and pleasant meeting spaces for our clients and guests.
● to be Eastern Bay of Plenty’s leading building company
● to provide our clients with confidence in dealing with an organised and competent company, providing quality, satisfaction and value
● to educate and train youth in apprenticeships to become top tradesmen for the future
● to maintain knowledge in our team through continued professional development to ensure current practice within our industry is achieved
● to provide and uphold Master Builders quality workmanship and standards
● to act honestly in everything we do and have integrity and respect for the people we associate with
● we are dedicated to providing complete satisfaction of our client’s expectations
● we believe work and being in business should be personally satisfying to all of our team members
RMB Bronze Award - Commercial - Kahunui Remote Campus, Opotiki
RMB First Place – Commercial up to $1m – 2 Kakahoroa Drive, Whakatane
NZIA Architecture Award – Otuawhaki Visitor Centre, Whakatane
Kahunui Remote Campus
Otuawhaki Visitor Centre
Project Hope Lighter