What Is Title I?
Title I is a part of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, which provides federal funds through the Georgia Department of Education to local educational agencies (LEAs) and public schools with high numbers or percentages of poor children to help ensure that all children meet challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards. LEAs target the Title I funds they receive to public schools with the highest percentages of children from low-income families. These funds may be used for children from preschool aged to high school. Title I is designed to support State and local school reform efforts tied to challenging State academic standards in order to reinforce and enhance efforts to improve teaching and learning for students. Title I programs must be based on effective means of improving student achievement and include strategies to support parental involvement. Typically, Title I funds offer smaller class sizes through additional teachers, tutoring services for struggling students, professional learning, additional instructional resources and supplies, as well as parent involvement materials.
If you cannot find what you are looking for or have questions, please contact:
Announcements & Meetings
- St Marys Middle School Stakeholder Meeting: 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 22 All parents and community members are invited to attend the meeting, which will be held at the school, located at 205 Martha Drive in St. Marys. The purpose of the meeting is to jointly develop the school’s Title I/parent involvement plans/budget and compact, as well as review the FY18 program evaluation. Current plans/information will be available for preview on the school’s website, http://smms.camden.k12.ga.us. Parents will have opportunities to provide input via meeting attendance or through a link below.
- St. Marys Middle School Title I Annual Meeting: 12:30 p.m., Monday, September 10 St. Marys Middle School will host its Title I annual meeting on Monday, September 10, 2018 at 12:30 p.m. All parents and community members are invited to attend the meeting, which will be held in the 7th grade planning room at 205 Martha Drive, St. Marys, GA. The purpose of the meeting is to adopt the school’s Title I/parent and family engagement plans/budget and compact(s). These items will be made available at the school, on the school’s website, and as requested.
Information and Resources
- FY19 SMMS Parent & Family Engagement Policy & Plan with List of Events
- FY18 SMMS Title I Parent Survey Results
- FY19 School Action Plans
- FY19 School-Parent Compact
- FY19 CCS Local Improvement Plan (CLIP)
- FY19 District Parent and Family Engagement Policy & Plan
- FY19 Federal Program Parent Complaint Process
- Federal ESEA Flexibility Waiver Approval Letter
- Georgia ESEA Flexibility Waiver - English
- Georgia ESEA Flexibility Waiver - Spanish
- Georgia Milestones - Questions & Answers for Parents
- Parent Resource Center Brochure
- Parent Resource Center - Materials List
- Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) National Standards for Family-School Partnerships
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Parent Tip Sheet
- Promotion and Retention Policies
- Reading the EOG test scores
- SMMS Student Handbook
- State Academic Content and Achievement Standards (for elementary, middle and high school)