Daily Bulletin-Monday, March 20 2023 DAY A
The PowerSchool App is not working well and will not likely improve in the near future. The web portal (www.siscbvrce.ednet.ns.ca/public) requires the same username and password as the app, but is a better user experience. Everything parents/guardians want to see is there.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
BIRTHDAYS: We would like to wish a Happy Birthday to Dawn Newell and Aiden White.
1. Art Club will be held tomorrow ( Wednesday) in Room J-44 at lunch. All are welcome. Bring your own lunch.
2. Video game club will meet every Friday in Room A-11 (next to the library). Everyone is welcome. No food or drink is allowed.
3. There will be a presentation on Tuesday, March 28th, by the Carpenter's Union here at the school. Any grade 10-12 student interested is asked to sign up in the guidance office.
4. There will be a free lunch in the cafeteria for staff and students tomorrow (Wednesday) of this week.
5. Starting Wednesday afternoon of this week students and staff will be able to order school clothing in Mrs. Gillis's room J-18. You must pay when you order. The list of clothing available is as folows:
Hooded Sweatshirt - $35 Youth Hooded Sweatshirt - $35 Sweatshirt - $35
Youth Sweatshirt - $35 T-Shirts - $15 Youth T-Shirts - $15
Long Sleeve T-Shirts - $25 Youth Long Sleeve T-Shirts - $25 Sweatpants - $30
Youth Sweatpants - $30 Staff Hooded Sweater - $50
Samples will be available for you to see tomorrow!
Please note: Orders will only be taken on Wednesday afternoons!
6. Headstrong will meet today at lunch in the Youth Health Center. A reminder to bring your forms in for the summit.
GRADE 12 SECTION:
1. Applications for the Kiwanis Club of Cape Breton Golden K Scholarship are available in the guidance office. The deadline for applications is Friday, April 28th.
2. If you are a child or grandchild of a member of the Nova Scotia Association of Realtors, you may be eligible to apply for the Arnold G. Jones Bursary. More information is posted on the guidance bulletin board. Application deadline is April 6, 2023.
3. We have applications in the guidance office for the IODE Nova Scotia Provincial Chapter Bursary in the guidance office. Applicant and family must in financial need in order to apply for this bursary. Applications must be received by March 24, 2023.
4. Applications for the Dr. John B. Stewart Scholarship are available in the guidance office. Criteria is must be a graduate of Cape Breton County, be accepted in a full time undergraduate degree at an accredited university in Canada and must demonstrate financial need and should demonstrate some indication of leadership qualities in their community. The deadline for this application to be submitted is March 31, 2023.
5. Information is posted on the guidance bulletin board regarding the Nova Scotia Power's scholarships and bursaries and the Emera's Scholarship. You can also check these out on https://www.nspower.ca/community/scholarships and https://www.emera.com/sustainability/community/scholarships. The deadline for applications is April 19, 2023.
6. If you are a current or former IWK patient who has an academic average of 75% or higher and you will be entering your first year of post-secondary studies in September, you should pick up an application for the Robbie & Jean Shaw Scholarship available in the guidance office. This award consists of a scholarship valued at a minimum of $2000. The deadline to apply is April 10, 2023.
7. Applications for the Queen Elizabeth II Medal are available in the guidance office for any graduating student who has fulfilled the folllowing criteria: a) has demonstrated a superior achievement in school studies in all three years of high school, b) has achieved an outstanding record in all aspects of school and community involvement, c) is graduating having satisfied the requirements for a Nova Scotia High School Completion Certificate. Application deadline is Wednesday, April 12th.
8. The KOC Simon J. Khattar Scholarship application is posted in the guidance office. Check out the qualifications to see if you qualify to apply. The deadline is Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
9. NSCC will be hosting a virtual open house from March 28-31. Register at nscc.ca/openhouse. When you attend the Virtual Open House, they will waive the application fee and you could win a pair of Bose wireless headphones. This information is posted in the guidance office