Hoya Kids Learning Center
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The Hoya Kids Learning Center Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is an advisory board composed of parent volunteer representatives from Hoya Kids Learning Center (HKLC) across classrooms. The mission of the PAC is to support and enhance the care and education of the children who attend HKLC. PAC serves this mission by:
- Facilitating communication between parents and HKLC staff, especially the director;
- Providing input on proposed policy changes that affect families;
- Raising funds for creating and supporting enrichment activities;
- Supporting activities that build community among HKLC families through coffee hours, and other activities;
- Promoting community service opportunities suitable for families; and
- Providing general support of HKLC as needed or requested by the director.
The HKLC Parents Advisory Council (PAC) is a separate entity from the University. While not a decision making body, PAC helps to inform and guide decisions regarding HKLC policies and procedures. Parent input is extremely valuable to the Center, but a variety of factors and information contribute to decisions. These include, but are not limited to, budgetary concerns, the welfare of the children and Center staff, regulatory guidelines (e.g. center licensing), physical space, University policies and logistics, and the professional judgment of the Director.