District Attorney Reading Program
Doug Treisman was our guest reader in Mrs. Renteria's and Mrs. Mowry's ELA classes. Students were very respectful and are looking forward to having him come back.
Borrow ebooks from your local library.
Student accounts are being created.
Launch date is set for the end of September
Please contact Ms. Valle for more information
- Students are encouraged to borrow library materials for research or pleasure reading and are expected to return all borrowed materials in good condition on or before the due date stamped at the back of the book.
- Students are allowed to check out up to 3 items at a time
- Books circulate for a period of 2 weeks. Renewals are allowed providing there are no reservation holds pending.
- If a student has an overdue item they will not be able to borrow any additional materials until the item is returned. Students may continue to use library materials in the library.
- Late fees are assessed on overdue library
- Please visit the "About our library" tab for more information regarding library policies.
Welcome to Sutter Middle School Library Media Center.
The Library opens at 8:00 am.
Monday through Friday.
The library is open during lunch.
The library closes at 5:30 pm.
Students are allowed to come to the library during class as long as a you have a pass from a teacher.
559-834-6180 ext 3120
What should I read next?
Need help finding the perfect book?
Need help looking for reference material or resources?
I'm the book specialist. I'm here to help you. Let me know how I can help you find the perfect book.
Online Digital Library Catalog
How can you search for a book online? Good question! See below for instructions on searching for books and reference material.....
1) Students can use any computer to do a library search
2) click on the following link to access the library catalog
3) You can look at our digital catalog from home, school, cell phone
Make sure to choose:
John Sutter Middle School
Character trait of the Month
Scholastic Book Orders
Book flyers are available every other month. Students can purchase some of their favorite titles at a discounted price.
How to place an order:
- Complete the order form attached
- Be sure to include your full name
- Put the order form and money (cash or check) in an envelope.
- Turn in envelope to Ms. Valle in the library.
- Orders take about 2-3 weeks to process.
- When your books arrive, Ms. Valle will contact you.
If you have questions on how to place an order, please see Ms. Valle in the library.