Why Join the PTA?
Help Your Children. . .
Your membership dues and donations have a direct and positive impact on your children and our school. How, you may ask?
- With your help, the PTA is able to organize programs and support academic excellence at Fallsmead through activities like the Science Fair, cultural arts programs, speakers/assemblies, the Artist-In-Residency program, and providing Time for Kids.
- The PTA also supports after school educational opportunities through our organization of After School Activities like chess, robotics, art, and sensational science, to name a few.
- We also focus on building student character with community service projects like Pennies for Patients, Make A Wish, and donating books and supplies to urban schools with limited resources.
. . .And Our School!
Your membership dues and donations also allow the Fallsmead PTA to support the wonderful teachers and staff that make the Fallsmead experience so fantastic for your children.
- The PTA empowers school educators by helping to fund teacher wish lists and fulfilling special classroom requests from teachers.
- The PTA also organizes room parents, helps recruit much-needed recess volunteers, and helps organize volunteers for school events
- We also value and reward our teachers through staff appreciation events throughout the year and the staff luncheon before school starts.
Your Support Allows Us To Offer High-Quality Programs, Events, and Assistance
It Is because of you and your support that the PTA can plan and fund the wonderful school programs, community events, and general projects that enhance our students’ environment. These are just some of the many things we do with your support, your membership funds, and your commitment:
Boo Hoo Breakfast
Back to School Bash
Family Movie Nights
Fifth Grade Celebration
Community Service Projects
Cultural Arts Programming
Organize Room Parents
Parent/Grandparent Appreciation Days
After School Activities
Communications and Emails
And So Much More!
This is only a small sampling of all the wonderful things the PTA does to enhance a Fallsmead student’s school experience and build our community.
There is no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
Tap Into A Network
Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns, and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss issues that are on your mind.
Give Yourself A Voice and A Vote
Membership gives YOU a voice and a vote on school matters, and helps you to better support our teachers and staff.
Enjoy National PTA Benefits
When you become a member of the Fallsmead Elementary School PTA, you also automatically become a member of the National PTA, the Maryland PTA, and the Montgomery County Council of Parent-Teacher Associations. Being a member of the National PTA gives you discounts with National PTA partner businesses such as AARP, Hertz, Lenovo, MetLife, Office Depot, Quicken Loans, and others. Read about those benefits HERE.
Get A Fallsmead Elementary School Directory
And remember, the ONLY way to get the Fallsmead School Directory is to join the Fallsmead PTA! This is an invaluable resource you will use time and again throughout the school year.
Access Directory Information Any Time, Anywhere
Only PTA Members can access the information from the School Directory anytime, anywhere throughout the year on the web or by downloading the AtoZ Connect app. Find out how by clicking HERE.