Home

Mark Vondracek, Ph.D.                  
vondracekm@eths.k12.il.us (preferred)
Evanston Township High School 
847-424-7716

About Me:
I have a doctorate in experimental high energy physics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.  I have been at ETHS since 1998-99 school year, and teach physics in 3 and 4 Chem-Phys, as well as the standalone AP Physics C course. I look forward to getting to know you, and here's to an awesome year of learning from each other!!


Daily Class Schedule:
  • Daily: Classes during Periods 1-2, 3, 5-6, 8-9
  • Daily: In H322 periods 4,7 every day; periods 5,6 when not teaching 4 Ch-Ph
  • Arrive by 6:30 am; leave around 4:15 pm
Class Blog at http://docvphysics.blogspot.com  







Image result for standard model  This is the Standard Model! It is as fundamental as it gets in physics, as it sums up our present understanding of what the universe is made of and what forces exist. Trouble is, we only know about 4% - the other 96% is not understood! 
  We will focus on gravity and electromagnetism, and how those affect matter in everyday life. We will mix in some of the particle physics, relativity, astrophysics, and quantum mechanics along the way to get a glimpse of modern ideas. 
   LET'S HAVE SOME PHUN!
                                   Image result for quantum physics jokes