I graduated with my Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California State University, Sacramento. I have my Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) in Special Education and my Educational Specialist in Teaching and Learning from Augusta State University. I am currently working on my Doctorate in Teacher Leadership. I taught 4 years of high school before moving to Langford Middle School where I spent 6 years teaching Language Arts and Math. This is my 4th year teaching at Evans Middle School and I love being a Knight!
Interesting facts about your teacher…
- I was born and raised in California.
- I have two daughters, Kyra (21) and Justice (18).
- I love Sharpies and Post its.
- I love the mountains and the beach.
- Hobbies: reading, 4 wheeling, hiking to waterfalls, playing with my puppies, Disney World
- Favorite Color: Pink, purple and green
- Favorite Food: pizza, donuts, and cupcakes
- Favorite Drink: Root Beer and water
Contact Information: If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I generally check my email once in the morning, once during the school day, and once at night. However, please allow me 24 hours to respond before following up.
Note: Email and remind are the best ways to contact me.
EMS Main Phone: (706) 863-2275
Grades for each assessment will be posted in Infinite Campus within 48 hours of the assessment being completed. They may be viewed in the Parent Portal and/or Student Portal. If you need assistance signing up for access, please let me know or follow the instructions listed on the Columbia County website (www.ccboe.net).
Assessments will initially be returned without a numerical grade. Students will receive their assessment with feedback and highlighting. They will have to complete an Error Analysis Worksheet to allow them to review their thinking and make necessary changes as preparation for the reassessment, if needed.
- Students may reassess on a summative assessment one time within two weeks of the grade being posted in Infinite Campus.
- All students will be required to complete some form of reteaching activity determined by the teacher in order to reassess. Reteaching opportunities are available on an on-going basis via resources in Google Classroom, one-on-one tutoring by appointment, and through small group instruction when applicable. The grade they receive on the reassessment will replace the initial score entered in the grade book.
- 9-week cumulative assessment does not qualify for reassessment.
Please email me if you have any questions regarding assessments or reassessments.