Required Documents

After I have completed online enrollment, what information and materials must I bring with me to enroll my student?  

Verification of residency inside CUSD attendance area of parent, licensed foster parent, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian. For initial enrollment, parent or guardian must provide two different documents from the list below (P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted)

If the above-described documents are not available, the parent/legal guardian may offer other documents as proof of residence.  Examples of these documents are:

Proof of withdrawal from the previous school/district is required upon enrollment (secondary only)

Proof of Age is required:

Proof of Immunization Records are required for certifying up-to-date immunizations for each student. Click here for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including TB skin testing, immunizations, and examinations.   Note the new state immunization requirements for students entering Grade 7.

A health checkup (physical examination) is required for all children entering first grade, however, the District encourages parents to obtain the health exam prior to or during the child's kindergarten year. The health exam will qualify if it is done 6 months prior to kindergarten entry or 18 months prior to first grade entry.

To make sure children are ready for school, California law (Education Code Section 49452.8) requires that children must have a dental check-up (oral health examination) by May 31st in their first year of public school (kindergarten or first grade). Assessments that have happened within the 12 months before children enter school also meet this requirement.

Emergency telephone numbers are required, including an out-of-state emergency number.

Other Documents and Information:

Previous Page