50. Azade Hosseini, Wenjian Wang, Fredrik Haeffner,* and Jianmin Gao*, “Metal-assisted Folding of Prolinomycin Allows Facile Design of Functional Peptides,” ChemBioChem, 2017, DOI: 10.1002/cbic.201600667.
49. Anupam Bandyopadhyay,# Samantha Cambray,# and Jianmin Gao*, “Fast diazaborine formation of semicarbazide enables facile labeling of bacterial pathogens,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2017, DOI: 10.1021/jacs.6b11115. (# denotes co-first authors.)
48. John W. Patrick, Breanna Zerfas, Jianmin Gao and David H. Russell*, “Rapid capillary mixing experiments for the analysis of hydrophobic membrane complexes directly from aqueous lipid bilayer solutions,” Analyst, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C6AN02290A.
47. Yan-Jiun Lee, M. J. Schmidt, Jeffery M. Tharp, Annemarie Weber, Amber L. Koenig, Hong Zheng, Jianmin Gao, Marcey L. Waters, Daniel Summerer* and Wenshe R. Liu*, “Genetically encoded fluorophenylalanines enable insights into the recognition of lysine trimethylation by an epigenetic reader,” Chem Commun., 2016, 52, 12606-9.
46. Jianmin Gao* and Azade S. Hosseini, “Current understanding of π–π interactions and the applications in protein design,” Chapter 21 – “Non-covalent Interactions in the Synthesis and Design of New Compounds” by the Wiley Publishing Group, 2016, ISBN: 978-1-119-10989-1.
45. Anupam Bandyopadhyay and Jianmin Gao*, “Targeting Biomolecules with Reversible Covalent Chemistry,” Curr. Opion. Chem. Biol., 2016, 34, 110-6.
44. Anupam Bandyopadhyay, Samantha Cambray, and Jianmin Gao*, “Fast and Selective Labeling of N-terminal Cysteines via Boronic Aid-Accelerated Conjugation,” Chem. Sci., 2016, 7, 4589-93.
43. Breanna Zerfas, Yechaan Joo, and Jianmin Gao*, “Gramicidin A mutants with antibiotic activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria,” ChemMedChem, 2016, 11, 629-36.
41. Anupam Bandyopadhyay and Jianmin Gao*, “Iminoboronate Formation Leads to Fast and Reversible Conjugation Chemistry of a-Nucleophiles at Neutral pH,” Chem. Eur. J., 2015, 21, 14748-52.
40. Breanna Zerfas and Jianmin Gao*, “Recent Advances in Peptide Immunomodulators,” Curr. Top. Med. Chem., 2015, 16, 187-205.
39. Tao He, Anne Gershenson, Stephen J. Eyles, Yan-Jiun Lee, Wenshe R. Liu, Jiangyun Wang, Jianmin Gao, and Mary F. Roberts*, “Fluorinated aromatic amino acids distinguish cation-π interactions from membrane insertion,” J. Biol. Chem., 2015, 290, 19334-42.
38. Anupam Bandyopadhyay, Kelly A. McCarthy, Michael A. Kelly and Jianmin Gao*, “Targeting Bacteria via Iminoboronate Chemistry of Amine-Presenting Lipids,” Nat. Commun., 2015, DOI: 10.1038/ncomms7561.
37. Anupam Bandyopadhyay and Jianmin Gao*, “Cancer-Targeting Peptides,” eBook Chapter (Page 71-84) – “Advances in the discovery and development of peptide therapeutics” by the Future Science Group, 2015, ISBN: 978-1-910419-01-4.
36. Ya-Juan Wang*, Bamidele O. Tayo, Anupam Bandyopadhyay, Heming Wang, Tao Feng, Nora Franceschini, Hua Tang, Jianmin Gao, Yun Ju Sung, Robert C. Elston, Scott M. Williams, Richard S. Cooper, Ting-Wei Mu, Xiaofeng Zhu* "The Association of the Vanin-1 N131S Variant with Blood Pressure is Mediated by Endoplasmic-Reticulum-Associated Degradation and Loss of Function, " PLOS Genetics 2014, doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1004641.
35. Azade Hosseini, Hong Zheng and Jianmin Gao*, "Understanding Lipid Recognition by Protein-Mimicking Cyclic Peptides, " Tetrahedron 2014, 70, 7632-8.
34. Fang Wang, Luoheng Qin, Patrick Wong and Jianmin Gao*, “Effects of Lysine Methylation on Gramicidin A Folding in Lipid Membranes,” Biopolymers: Peptide Science 2013, 100, 656-61.
33. Lauren K. Regula, Richard Harris, Fang Wang, Jayne F. Koellhoffer, Chelsea D. Higgins, Kartik Chandran, Jianmin Gao, Mark E. Girvin, and Jonathan R. Lai*, “Conformation and Lipid-Binding Properties of Peptides Corresponding to the Ebolavirus GP2 Membrane-Proximal External Region,” Biochemistry, 2013, 52, 3393-404.
32. Jianmin Gao* and Hong Zheng , “Recent Developments of Peptide-Based Markers of Membrane Lipids,” Future Med. Chem. 2013, 5, 947-59.
31. Christopher Pace and Jianmin Gao*, “Exploring and Exploiting Polar-p Interactions with Fluorinated Aromatic Amino Acids,” Acc. Chem. Res. 2013, 46, 907-15.
30. Christopher Pace, Diane Kim and Jianmin Gao*, “Experimental Evaluation of CH—π Interactions in a Protein Core,” Chem. Euro. J. 2012, 18, 5832-6.
29. Yue Zhao and Jianmin Gao*, “Split Ligand for Lanthanide Binding: Facile Evaluation of Dimerizing Proteins,” Chem. Comm. 2012, 48, 2997-9.
28. Luoheng Qin, Christopher Sheridan and Jianmin Gao*, “Synthesis of Tetrafluorinated Aromatic Amino Acids with Distinct Signatures in 19F-NMR,” Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 528-31.
27. Fang Wang, Luoheng Qin, Christopher J. Pace, Patrick Wong, Ryan Malonis and Jianmin Gao*, “Solubilized Gramicidin A as Potential Systemic Antibiotics,” ChemBioChem 2012, 13, 51-5.
26. Christopher Pace, Hong Zheng, Ruben Mylvaganam, Diane Kim and Jianmin Gao*, “Stacked Fluoroaromatics as Supramolecular Synthons for Programming Protein Dimerization Specificity,” Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 103-7.
25. Hong Zheng, Fang Wang, Qin Wang and Jianmin Gao*, “Cofactor-Free Detection of Phosphatidylserine with Cyclic Peptides Mimicking Lactadherin,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 15280-3.
24. Christopher Pace, Qiongying Huang, Fang Wang, Kanwal S. Palla, Amelia A. Fuller and Jianmin Gao*, “A FlAsH-tetracysteine Assay for Quantifying the Association and Orientation of Transmembrane a-Helices,” ChemBioChem 2011, 12, 1018-22.
21. Luoheng Qin, Julian Vastl and Jianmin Gao*, “Highly Sensitive Amyloid Detection Enabled by Thioflavin T Dimers,” Mol. Biosyst. 2010, 6, 1791-5.
20. Hong Zheng, Kristofer Comeforo and Jianmin Gao*, “Expanding the Fluorous Arsenal: Tetrafluorinated Phenylalanines for Protein Design,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 18-9.
Publications from Scripps19. Jianmin Gao, Daryl A. Bosco, Evan T. Powers, and Jeffery W. Kelly*, “Localized Thermodynamic Coupling between Hydrogen Bonding and Microenvironment Polarity Significantly Stabilizes Proteins,” Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 2009, 16, 684-90.
Publications from Stanford13. Sarah K. Jarchow-Choy, Andrew T. Krueger, Haibo Liu, Jianmin Gao and Eric T. Kool*, “Fluorescent xDNA Nucleotides as Efficient Substrates for a Template-independent Polymerase,” Nucleic Acids Res. 2011, 39, 1586-94.